mPower is a pioneer of sorts in Liferay, the leading open source portal framework, having done Liferay portal implementations through various stages of its evolution. We are equally comfortable with any model of developing a portal on Liferay, be it Agile, Spiral or Waterfall. We have over nine years’ experience in working on high-end Liferay implementations and services, including but not limited to the following:
- Developed high end solutions on Liferay for clients like ABB, Qatar airways, Travelocity, Cranes, TDS Inc., etc.
- Delivered Liferay training to companies like Capgemini, LG, Logica, BOSCH, Syntel, Yemen Soft, Intuit and TeraData to name a few
- Won an international Portlet contest conducted by Liferay Inc. and Firescope Inc.
- Developed an auto generation tool called mPire which won FICCI – Lockheed Martin India Innovation Award 2008, and is used by 32 countries
We also undertake Liferay migration projects for clients who are on proprietary platforms and wish to harness the flexibility and open source benefits of Liferay. In cases where legacy tools need to coexist, we also do Liferay integration, so that applications can cross leverage each other, and manual effort in data entry is reduced. mPower is also approached by clients who already have a Liferay instance running and want to optimize it. In such cases, we undertake Liferay performance tuning and other optimizations.
Liferay consulting services:
We offer consultation in three models – off-shore, onsite and a combination of off-shore & onsite, for Liferay Portal technology with FTE deployments. Our offshore team in Bangalore has all the essential elements of architecting and project managing large implementations end-to-end. We have delivered projects for clients located in the USA, Europe and the South East Asia on both, fully off-shore model as well as a combination of off-shore and onsite models successfully.
Our team of technology experts have successfully rescued large projects where clients requested intervention when their projects had run into bottlenecks that their existing vendors couldn’t address. On these occasions, projects that were delayed or derailed were effectively rescued and delivered to client delight. This too has been delivered on an onsite model and a combination of onsite and off-shore models.
Maintenance and support:
mPower specializes in metrics and SLA driven high availability application maintenance, together with complete visibility and continuous support. We offer the following assurances for our application maintenance and support services:
- Adherence to SLA based performance measures
- Total visibility through online tools and timesheets
- Regular performance monitoring and escalation process
- Technology and performance enhancement suggestions